Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My son is at college

Maybe I should clarifiy... he's on campus, but not taking any classes (yet).   :)

One of the perks of having a professor in the family is getting to use the university facilities.  And one of the perks of homeschooling is having the flexibility of schedule to have lessons in alternative locations.  And combining both of those perks means Strider can get some swimming practice in the middle of the day!

Our new school pattern has included Pete taking Strider to work with him at least once a week.  While Pete teaches his classes, Strider does his schoolwork, and then at noon they head over to the university's pool so Strider can get in a bunch of laps.  He's trying to get in better shape for the neighborhood swim league in a few months.

So it's been a nice way to practice for free, but it's also been a good time for Pete and Strider to spend time together, and for Strider to have some greater independence.  (He loves hanging out in Pete's office by himself.)  It's weird to have him gone a whole day each week -- I guess it's good practice for me to get used to it, too!

This morning as they were leaving, Miles started running after them saying, "Go!  Go!"  I told him he couldn't go with them, but he just gave me a funny look and then ran off to get some hair wax.  He equates this with leaving the house, since the other boys put that in their hair before they go out.  Milo always thinks he needs some, too.  I obliged him by putting some in his fine little hair this morning, but drew the line at letting him go to college.  I'm certainly not ready for my baby to leave, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment