Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On the eve of Lent...

Overheard today...

Strider:  Colsen, tomorrow is Lent, so that means you should give something up.
Colsen: What?!?
Strider:  It's to help you think about God more.  So you give up something you really like, and then you can pray more.
Colsen:  Ok, I'll give up candy cuz I really like that.
Strider:  Ok.... but that means whenever the rest of us are having candy, you can't have any.
Colsen:  No!  Ok, how about I give up my truck.
Strider: Ok... but that means if I'm playing with your truck sometime, then you can't do it. 
Colsen:  No!  I don't want to give up any of my stuff!  How about if I give up something of yours?  How 'bout your iPod?  You don't like it when I play with that...

And later...
Colsen:  Mom, I'm going to give up gross stuff for lent.  So don't give me any gross stuff.  Only give me things I like, like bacon and broccoli and soups and chili.  But not salad or stir fry.


Meanwhile, regarding Shrove Tuesday I heard...

 Rayna: What!?! We're going to have pancakes tonight?? YES! That's just awesome! Thanks, Mom! (Repeated about 12 times throughout the day)


Colsen: Mom, was it just a dream, or are we going to have pancakes tonight for dinner?
(They were pretty darn excited about this I guess...)


And they were not disappointed!  We used this recipe for Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancakes.


Delicious indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! Here's our favorite healthy pancakes - and we have them with bananas...and unhealthy fresh whip cream. http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/cinnamon-oat-pancakes

    They make great snacks later, too! Loved Colsen's ideas for Lent!

    ReplyDelete