Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Retreat

This past weekend I was spoiled.  I went on a wonderful vacation that included the best of both worlds:  plenty of time by myself, to sleep as I wanted, read as I wanted, basically do whatever I wanted, AND plenty of time to be with my friends (43 of them!).  The women from our church gathered at Bonclarken and we had a great time encouraging one another, worshipping together, and playing together.

I took some funny pictures of our Minute-to-Win-It game... but they didn't come out as well as I would have liked.  I think I'll wait and see if Donna H. posts anything better first...

In the meantime, I'll share the pictures below.  I was asked to be one of the speakers this weekend -- which turned out to be a real treat for me.  I realized I had probably never before had the opportunity to speak before a captive audience for 20 minutes in a row!  (I teach classes for 3 hours at a time sometimes, but it's never a straight monologue- - always plenty of student interaction, breaking for various activities, etc)  The only frustration I had in the experience had to do with the projector.  (I really have never met a projector that I like)  After setting up everything ahead of time and practicing it numerous times, still when I got ready to speak, I couldn't get the projector to show the pictures I had brought!

So, for the 1 or 2 people who read this blog and were also at my picture-less talk, here are the images I was referring to.  For anyone else reading this, you can go ahead and make up your own talk to go with these pictures, or see if you can guess what I said.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment