Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Rotten Mail Day

It's the best mail month of the year.  Each day our entire family competes to see who can be the one to get the cards out of the mailbox, eager to see all the happy smiling faces in photos, and the brightly designed Christmas cards.

And yesterday, midst the bills and solicitations, were two real cards, one for Christmas and one for my birthday.  Alas, as I looked closer, I realized the Christmas card was addressed to the people who lived here in our house prior to us -- almost 10 years ago -- and the birthday card I opened was to tell me to get a mammogram!


Just terrific.

Please let that day be an abnormality!  Please bring back the happy smiling faces and greetings -- addressed to us -- and may the rest of my birthday cards mention neither my breasts nor cancer.



p.s. For those of you who read this blog primarily to just see cute pictures of my kids and think the above rant was just a waste of your time, here is a picture from yesterday:

So the day wasn't ALL bad.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy (upcoming) Birthday! Hard to believe - most of the time I still feel like I just graduated from college. Interesting birthday card graphics -seems like they could have adorned it with pretty flowers or something! An elephant? Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, Stephanie! An elephant only makes things much worse! What are they trying to say about my weight??

    ReplyDelete