Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Best thing I've received in a long time

This was dictated by Colsen and transcribed by Strider, a few days before Cole and Pete left to go to Minnesota for nephew/cousin Erik's graduation. 

In the days leading up to the special trip, Colsen kept wavering between excitement and nervousness, and came up to hug me a bunch of times, telling me he was going to miss me.  He also was worried for me -- "What will you do if something breaks and we're not here to fix it??"  A few times he mentioned he probably shouldn't even go on the trip.... but finally was convinced he should trust God, for both his own good and mine.  He left me with a few instructions though -- to not touch or mess up his tools, and to call our neighbor if I needed anything fixed.  Then, he called after landing in Minneapolis to tell me I needed to water his "pet" tomato plant.

So we're missing both Pete and Colsen right now... but I'm happily holding on to the note pictured above, a teamwork effort between my 2 older sons.  Truly priceless to me.

1 comment: