Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Feels like home

The birthday gift I received from a lot of my family members this past year was something I had been wanting for a long time: a lamp post!  A few weeks ago Dad and Dan came over to help Pete set it up, and now....  our house feels more like a home to me.

I've always loved the concept of a lamp post (probably ever since I first read the Narnia books)-- we even had one on our wedding invitations. 

Incidentally, my friend and mentor at the time who painted this picture for us has since gone on to be quite the impressive professional artist. I feel blessed to have a Jennifer Edwards original on our invitation!  (She just opened an etsy shop with some of her creative and adorable pictures -- check it out!)

And now, 13 years after that invitation was designed, I feel blessed to have a real-life, three-dimensional lamp post at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment