Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Eleven

My oldest baby turned 11 today (and he has become way too cool to like being called my baby!).  It's hard to even get this cool guy to smile for a picture these days.
 But there's still one thing that can make him grin:
And he still has a lot of animation in him, thankfully!
 I created an original recipe for today's occasion:  "Lemon-Limeade Cupcakes."  :)  I was trying to think of some name that goes with "eleven" and I feel like I was getting close with the close rhyme of eleven and lemon, and something about 7-up or 7-11.... but I never did nail one down.
This morning Strider got to go to Biscuitville (a place he's been dying to go to) with his Daddy, and then they played 18 holes of golf.  Afterwards, I took the kids to the pool this afternoon, so it's been an all-around fun day.

Tonight Strider's friends Chris and Sam came over and we played "Clue" (it was the first time I'd played in 20 years... but it all came back to me as if it were yesterday.  :)  )  And now the boys are up late, still playing...   Strider reeeeallly wanted to have his first real sleepover, so Pete and I caved and let him.  We'll see how much sleep occurs.

We're so thankful to have this lively 11-year old as our son!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Strider! Brian picked Biscuitville for his birthday lunch, too! Funny guys!

    ReplyDelete