Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Maybe we're watching too much Brady Bunch


Several months ago, Strider purchased Season 3 of The Brady Bunch (after borrowing the first 2 seasons from our friends). After he had watched each episode at least 3 times, we decided maybe we could move on to the next batch of the Bunch, so for Valentine's Day, the kids received Season 4.

We've been steadily working our way through these "new" episodes. But maybe we're watching it a little too often...

In the last week, Colsen has said he thinks his voice "sounds like one of the girls on Brady Bunch," Rayna has prayed for Marcia, Jan, and Cindy, and Strider told me he had had a dream that Marcia got a disease and could only do math up to the level of 2 + 2.

(I have to say, though, it's been fun for me to have the show on during the dinner prep hour -- just like when I was a kid. The unfortunate part is that I am on the one who now has to actually DO the dinner prep. The "Alice" I was always sure I would procure by this stage of life has, sadly, not materialized.)

3 comments:

  1. It's great that they are enjoying The Brady Bunch. I too am still waiting for "Alice" to appear. And she's late. I had to vacuum the whole house tonight. Definitely going to dock her pay for that one!!! Ha...

    Love the new look of your blog! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new Look! I think that it turned out great and I am very pleased that you went this route! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although one of my New Year's resolutions was to enjoy my children at the ages that they are, I have to say that I'm excited about the day that we get to watch The Brady Bunch rather than Blue's Clues! :-)

    ReplyDelete