Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Outings

This morning we had an opportunity to go on a mini-field trip so the kids could learn about how an organ works. (We've been studying classical music.) It was fascinating, of course!

And the best part was that they each had an opportunity to try it out...

Yesterday's outing was a little bit of shopping while Rayna was at an appointment. Before we left I told Colsen I would be taking him to Old Navy so I could return a few things. His response was,
"Great! Because I want to buy some driver-strations, because I don't know how to drive my truck and I need to learn. And I also want to buy a steering wheel for my motorcycle. A cement wheel."

Between this comment, and his question a few weeks ago when I told him that I was taking him to Target and he asked, "Target?? What does it look like inside there?" I'm concluding that this guy doesn't get out to stores too often.

Miles, also, apparently doesn't go shopping much. When I put him in a cart yesterday, he was very nervous, immediately bracing himself by clutching the sides of the cart with straight arms. He was obviously thinking, "What is this crazy contraption that is suspending me so high off of the ground, and should I trust it?"

He does have his first outdoor shoes, though, and man, is he putting them to good use. After our field trip today, I let him play outside with the other kids while I went in to make lunch. Within 30 seconds, he was 2 houses away! There's a whole world out there, little guy.

During our INDOOR times, though, we've been finding some good things to do, too.... like crafting these fun butterflies out of magazine pages. I had seen this idea over the weekend, and we tried it yesterday. The kids loved the craft, and I did too -- so simple!
Now our foyer looks like this, thanks to Strider's ingenuity:

... and Colsen immediately started looking for ways to climb up and bat them down.

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Those butterflies are too cute! You'll have to show me how to make them so that I can do them with my class!

    ReplyDelete