Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

More words

Overheard...

Colsen: Remember when Jelly (a girl baby doll) used to be a big boy? Remember that?
Strider: Are you a Hindu? Cuz that's what they believe.
Colsen: No, I'm a man who paints and cleans and fixes things!

And spoken to me...

Pete: It's hard to believe the Spiesses have been married 63 years! Think about that: they've been married almost as long as we've been alive!
Amy: Ummmm.... exactly how old do you think we are?
Pete: Oh shoot! I think I was thinking we were your parents or something.
Amy: .......... (No reply could convey the consternation this gave me)

*********

Rayna: Mom -- look! The letters are jumping!

(She apparently ran out of room on her copywork page, so the last sentence is "jumping" up and down the margin)

*****

The only one not providing comic relief for me with his words these days is Milo.... but I think those days won't be too far away. Right now he's practicing his "More -- All done" conversation at mealtime. It basically goes, "Mmmmmaaah! Mmmmmmaah!" and then when I try to give him the food, he says, "Allll -Duh. Alllll-Duh. Mmmmmmmah!"

The translation appears to be, "I'm definitely done with THIS food. Give me something else." That's always been my kids' favorite food: something else.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh -- Pete is way too funny!!!!!!!!! I am laughing out loud at this latest comment!!

    ReplyDelete