Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Morning activities

While Rayna and I were diligently doing some worksheets together in the office, I looked over and watched the following transpire. (Had my camera nearby so was able capture the quick transformations over the 10-minute period)

First, Cole hauled in the ottoman from our living room, to be loaded onto his truck...

Then he needed to load up his lawnmower as well...
He then incorporated a volunteer into the play-action....
....who was soon a passenger....
.... and then the (dramatically pretending) victim of a tragic accident.
Meanwhile, Rayna just worked right on, oblivious to all the above.

Speaking of Rayna, she had her own fun morning activity/creativity time a few days ago when her dance class went to the nursing home. (And I wish I had pictures of that!) She ended up doing great --- dancing the right moves almost the whole time. At the end, we had so many of the residents wanting to talk to her, telling us that she was the one they loved watching the most. I think the fact that she was so small, combined with her evident exuberance for the whole thing, made her shining face so appealing to them. I was thankful she was able to be such a blessing to the people there.... and was ashamed to think that I had contemplated not even letting her be part of the performance since I wasn't sure if she would embarrass her teacher or classmates if she got distracted. God knows exactly what He is doing with this child.... sometimes I just need to get out of the way!

3 comments:

  1. Colsen--that kid is too funny! I love him trying to haul the ottoman. :-)

    Rayna is such a blessing to so many people! I would love to watch her dance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read what you wrote about Rayna and it brought tears to my eyes. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Hey are you able to email me at my home email: catrinjoyner1@embarqmail.com so that I can get your email address. I want to followup to our FB conversation, but I really need to spend less time on FB. Okay, like none. And have real conversations. Yeah, on email. Okay, email me your phone number (if that's okay!) Catrin

    ReplyDelete